Friday, September 24, 2010

Help!! I'm in Helper!!

I am currently in Helper, UT running costumes for The Complete Works of William Shakespeare. We are touring here to help create a strong bond between USU and the newly formed USU East, or USU CEU. Very exciting. The most exciting part of this trip is that I am actually currently staying in what one used to be a brothel. Thank goodness my parents raised me right and so I had no idea what this actually was. Luckily I have a dictionary and thesaurus on my laptop. It's basically a place where men can visit prostitutes; a whorehouse, massage parlor, cathouse. My little computer is helping me become versed in the world. Awesome.
Also. The show that I am designing costumes for opens on Thursday!! It is very exciting, and will be this amazing weight off of my shoulders. I can't wait to see an actual achieved design on stage. For anyone interested in coming, which you don't have to come... I won't be hurt, the show takes place in Ireland and they have Irish accents. They also swear a lot. A lot. And it is a black comedy. But, I believe understanding the Irish will make the play better because you can understand why things are the way they are. Just in case anyone is interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment